You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Friday, August 31, 2012

15 weeks pregnant - update!

It's an apple! I will update this blog later today with a pic of my baby bump, after I shower :) I haven't taken one yet (a pic... or a shower) so I figured it was time that I did.

Weight gain update:
I am not sure what is up with my weight. I have been a steady 121-123 lbs for the past year or so, but around the beginning of the year I magically gained a few pounds for no reason, and held at 125.5 for months, so that is what I say my starting weight is at. At 8 1/2 weeks I gained my FIRST LB! <- you can read all about it here :). I weigh myself every morning, like I always do, and this morning I checked in at 128.2. I don't know if that can be accurate because the past few days it said 129.2, but I went for a run last night for the first time in a few days, and I think maybe that leveled me out. So at 15 weeks, I have gained 3lbs. My belly has grown quite a bit though, and none of my old clothes fit me anymore. If I do wear one of the two pants that still fit I have to unbutton them when I sit, and I have forgotten to button them back up a few times! Whoops.

I (still!) work out:
I worked for the first month and a half or so of the pregnancy, teaching yoga, strength, and cycling but shortly became so tired that I stopped working, and therefore stopped working out at all. We were at temps of 95-105 for the better part of the summer and between that and my utter exhaustion, I took some time off. Once I hit about 12 weeks I started feeling much better, the temps have dropped for the most part (its going to be randomly 95 today, but low to mid 80's the rest of the week). I started picking some yoga back up, I stick to a slow vinyasa that targets my legs, hips and arms, and a lot of stretching  but I keep things chill because I have noticed my balance has shifted and sometimes shifts again when I move! But my sciatica has been acting up a lot, so I have to do yoga or I'm in a lot of pain! I have started incorporating some mild strength training, pushups, squats, deadlifts and bicep curls mostly, and I do 10-15 minute supersets a few times a week. I usually do them at night if I am feeling anxious, and it helps get some anxiety out.

And of course I am still running. It's hard between the heat, Corbin, and Abe's crazy schedule. But I am trying to keep it up as much as possible. I ran 5 last night and I hope to run 5 today, but it will have to be tonight if I do, because of the heat expected for today. I don't run in the heat since becoming pregnant. My pace has slowed waaay down. I held a 9 minute mile for the most part before pregnancy. Im lucky if I can get a 10:30 out of myself. If I run on the bike path I can usually achieve that fine, but if I run in my neighborhood, the hills slow me down, I guess.

Running makes life better. Every time I run I just feel so much better throughout the rest of the day, it keeps my weight in check, and my anxiety low. Pregnancy has given me a lot of extra energy (when I am not exhausted) and I feel that it helps level me out. And I just love it, so as long as I am feeling ok then I will continue to run as often as I can.

Other then that things are normal. My belly is growing and i now have a prominent bump that, as long as I dress right, looks like a bump and not chub, which makes me happy. We went to the thrift store the other day and I bought some maternity clothes. The pants are kind of big still, but I bought quite a few elastic skirts and live in those most of the time.

I still haven't felt the baby move :( but I know I am still early and may not for a few more weeks. I am pretty excited for that. Abe and Corbin are really excited for that too. I shared a story with Corbin about how he ALWAYS had the hiccups when he was in my belly, so Corbin wants to nickname the baby hiccup at the first sign of them. Abe set up the crib yesterday, despite the fact that we have 5 more months, but I think he was just really excited to do it. So we now have a large crib in the house. Oh well. We also bought paint yesterday and I am going to paint the baby's wall today.

Oh, and I'm hot. All the time. So hot... all I want to do is eat ice chips and sit on top of an air conditioner vent. It makes being outside anytime it is hotter then 85 very uncomfortable, which means I haven't spent as much time outside as I normally do this summer. I plan on spending a lot of time outside this fall and winter though. Im dreaming of snow, which is a first for me ever. Abe always asks why I am so hot, and I say that I'm incubating. :)

So excited!!! I want the baby here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...