You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Running at 29 weeks pregnant.

29 weeks pregnant!!

It's a baby bump! This is me Monday before heading out for a 5 miler. I posted this pic the other day, but I thought I would post it again. As of right now I have gained 17 lbs in my pregnancy. But man I have been getting HUNGRIER! Some days it's pretty normal eating, and some days I want to eat everything in sight. I am trying to keep things pretty healthy these days because of the increased calorie load, however there were no holds on buy on get one pizza from whole foods yesterday. You wanna see 3 people kill some pizza take us to whole foods on buy one get one free Tuesdays!!


Running has been great lately. I can't tell what changed, but something did. A lot of things have happened in the past few weeks that would make my running change, I don't care to figure out what it was exactly, just thankful for the change.

We moved-
Between the new scenery of new routes and a flat surface I feel very energized when I head out. My old city was full of hills hills hills, not mountain hills or anything, but plenty of em. I was getting pretty burnt out on my old routes and I am happy they are gone.

The weather!- We have definitely had some cold days. A few down right freezing ones a few weeks ago, but other then that the weather here has been warm, in the 50's, 60s the past few days. The outfit above is what I wore on Monday December 3rd and I was sweating!

Im in a good spot in my pregnancy. My weight is building slowly, which is keeping my muscles strong  and growing with my weight gain. Besides some minor hip pain when running, I don't seem to be having too many weird aches or pains. I'm not overly tired or feeling overly large, and if I run early (pre-luch) everything seems to go ok with my tummy and as long as I keep my runs under 5 I don't often have to pee when I run.

I am also participating in the Runners World Holiday Running Streak. You are supposed to run a least 1 mile every day between Thanksgiving and New Years. I have never done this before, I am usually HORRIBLE at consistency, usually only running 3, maybe 4, days per week. Every since I have been running (most) every day, I feel stronger. Its crazy!

My runs have actually improved by 1 min/mile suddenly in the past few weeks. I have been averaging a 9:30 min/mile, sometimes much faster. With my weight gain Im sure this is great for my legs and I'm excited to see where I'm at after the baby is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...