You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

2nd run review in Nike 3.0 v4 shoes

Well, it's official. I hate these shoes. :( I am sad, cause I really wanted to like them, but I don't and don't see it getting much better then this with them. 

I wanted to give them a fair chance, so I went out and bought new actual athletic socks, something I have never done in the 2 marathons I have trained for and ran, because the shoes wouldn't fit over my regular socks (I figured it was time for that anyways) and I waited till it was a bit colder to see if I could combat the sweaty foot issue. My time piece reads 43 degrees, and its dark out so there was no sun.

I slapped a band aid over my big blister (to read about my blister and my first review of these shoes follow me here!) and headed out. Things were fine for a little while but after about 2 miles I noticed my feet were pretty sweaty, although I was not at the time. This caused my toes to squish together, jutting a toe nail into another toe. Maybe I should cut those bad boys.

If you can see the reddish color above the swoosh that is a blood stain from my big fat blister. Not my first by any means, but this definitely intrigued my 5 year old who takes a great concern over my feet. Many nights he includes a special prayer for my blisters. :)

New socks baby!

One thing I noticed with these shoes both times I wore them, that I have never noticed with my Flow's is how I hold my foot in them. Yes, these shoes do have more of a minimalist feel to them, less support, which I love and I am sure there is a learning curve to running in shoes like that, but I feel like I grip my feet. I think it's because of them being sweaty, which makes them more likely to move around in the shoes so I am subconsciously clenching my feet to make them more steady. WHO KNOWS! But I did notice that the bottom of my feet felt sore this week, which they don't normally, and today I pulled a tendon on underneath my 2nd metatarsal while charging through uneven pavement, which aches when you keep running on it. It feels ok now, but man I could go for a solid arch rub down. 

So all and all I think these shoes would be amazing if not for the non-breathable material they are made out of. It doesn't make sense to me why someone chose this material and what the point of it was. I know they got rid of it in the v5, but I don't know if it was used before these and well liked. I am going to try to return them in exchange for the New Balance WR00 minimus road shoe, which are about the same price. But this time I am going to go to the store and try them on first.

What are your FAVORITE running shoes? 

Have you ever had any bad experiences with shoes or buying online?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...