You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sunset runs and baby pains

Today's run turned into tonight's run. Well, it seemed like a night run, but during the winter that really means like, 5:30. Pre-dinner. My goal was to run early and get it out of the way, but my husband and son were both home today, so there was a lot of hanging out, cleaning, and general procrastination. 

Love those days. 

But on the plus side I got to run during the sunset, which is my FAVORITE time to run. I don't love running that late in the day, cause I'm usually busier, but man it's pretty outside when the sun is going down. So I'm always thankful for the opportunity to do so. 


And tonight was beautiful! I stopped during my first mile several times to snap some pics. I hate how camera phones do no justice to what you see with your eyes. This is about a 1/4 mile in, the sun just left below the horizon.

Below is my mile turn around. This is a huge empty parking lot. The sky is so big and open at this point, and it is right next to a horse track which is empty in the evening so there is not a sole around. It is so peaceful to be out here running in the dark. My husband is afraid I'll be mugged or something, but I find these moments of peace some of the greatest in that of being a runner. 


In the meantime while I was running, my husband was on our back porch snapping some photos. This is looking out over the side of the porch. The street on the right side is the street we live on, the street to the left is the other one :) We live on the corner. That building to the left is city hall. There is a huge christmas tree out front. 


Compare my photo of the sunset to my Amazing photographer husband's photo of the same sunset around the same time. I know... Pretty similar :)

It was such a nice night out. Chilly. Just under 40 with no wind and clear skies.


Stats of my run!!

  • DISTANCE3.05 mi
  • DURATION29m:05s
  • AVG. SPEED9:31 min/mi
  • MAX. SPEED6:30 min/mi
  • CALORIES465 kcal
  • HYDRATION0.11L
  • MIN. ALTITUDE719 ft
  • MAX. ALTITUDE761 ft
  • TOTAL ASCENT33 ft
  • TOTAL DESCENT33 ft
  • WEATHERClear night


My splits were 10:08 (there was photo taking) 9:21 and 9:13

It's funny cause I had no hope for this run tonight. I have had this horrible pain in my belly for the past few days. I think it may be my bladder. I remember having this pain once I got larger with Corbin and it turned into a bladder infection. So I thought I would log maybe a mile, 2 if things went ok, and that I would keep things nice and slow. 

Yes, although I run, I do in fact listen to my body. 

However, as soon as I stepped out the door the pain disappeared and my legs felt swift. My water weight (read: vanilla wafer weight) from a few days ago has dissipated as well and my calves and ankles felt great as well. 

Swift was my run! 

But large was my belly. 30+ weeks for this pic. This is me right before heading out. This is an awesome cold weather outfit, and I throw a light weight, super bright and baggy volunteer crew shirt I got over it to cover the wobbly bits. 


Corbin drew this picture earlier today. Its me if you can't tell. 

The two pics look similar right?

The words say Love Corbin: Mom + A and Corbin. 

And I thought I would throw in a picture of dinner for good measure. 

Cause everyone loves to know what other people eat!! :)

I whipped this up right after getting home from my run. It consists of veggie sausage, carrots, mushrooms, whole wheat pasta (I rarely eat pasta, but I needed to use it up) sauteed in a sesame ginger sauce and herbage then topped with green onions. It was totally thrown together from what was sitting in the fridge and turned out delicious. 

Thank goodness...


Gobble gobble. I'm pretty sure I still have some of that peppermint bark calling my name in the fridge. 

Yum.

Are you participating in the RW holiday running streak? If so how is it going!

If not, what are YOUR running goals for the rest of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...