You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Become a morning runner

I swear I talk about this all the time. My "desire" to become a morning runner. 

I gotta be honest. I have no desire to become a morning runner. Frankly, it's not easy to have a little baby at home and run in the mornings. For instance, this morning I got up at 5:30 to try to hit a few miles before my husband had to leave for work and as soon as I got up I heard my babe up and fussing. So I went up stairs with the hopes that I would just be able to pop the binky in his mouth and he would lay back down for one more hour, but no such luck. He was soaking wet. He had peed through every ounce of his clothing. Poor guy was sitting there in the corner of the crib, looking down, half asleep, half confused about what was going on. 

So I gave him a bath, changed him and fed him. By the time I did all that he was up and it was just late enough to not make it out the door. 

But when else am I going to run. On nice days I'll take him out in a stroller, but it's definitely not as convenient as NOT pushing around 40lbs of baby and stroller while you run. 

So what do I do. I need a swift kick in the rear that's for sure. 

I am NOT a fan of waiting for New Years to make resolutions. I think that resolutions should start the day you decide that they should be made. 

So I didn't make it out this morning, and my punishment is that I am not going to be able to run today. 

So will I make it out tomorrow?? 

Will it be worth the 5 degree groggy darkness to get it in before life starts?

I think so. Now just to do it. 

JUST FREAKING DO IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...