You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

We only get one life man

First off, I heard this amazing song last night on my run. Another great night run; I had just did a mile tempo and was spent when the song that I was listening too ended so I stopped to take a minute to catch my breath. And this song came on.


There is the saying, stop and smell the roses. Sometimes I think as runners we forget to stop an savor. Savor the feeling you have after a hard effort or the way the world looks at that moment in time where you are standing. As I took a moment to stop and look up at the night sky this song came on my headphones and it really made me just stand and be thankful for life for a moment. 

For the beauty that is available to us so freely and openly, but also almost secretly. I think we become so numb to the world that we are actually living in, that we never see the beauty that is right there in the moment we are standing in. In the way the cold air hits your warm skin, and your heart beats so loudly, but silently, and the way the moon is always there for you, to light your way if you let it.

I love life man.

I mean, it's hard. It's really hard on a day to day basis and times can get really challenging and often I cry or scream or want to run away... But what would life be if it was boring.

Then there are those moments, those small moments that make up almost no percentage of your day that stand out above any other moments and in the long run will be the only thing you will remember in the memories that are made.

As always my favorite quote stands-

"If you advance confidently in the direction of your dreams, and endeavor to live the life which you have imagined, you will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." 

I have realized that it really pisses me off when I see people taking advantage of life. Not living to the fullest of their potential and knowingly watching life pass by them. I mean, it makes me really mad. And I hate that it makes me so mad, but it does/

We only get one life to live man.

And I can't figure out WHY, but people are just so scared to live it. Scared to take chances, scared to step outside of their comfort zone, scared to fail I guess???

Maybe I've just been "blessed" to see enough people give up, to waste away, to fail themselves, to make the choice not to follow down the same path. Or maybe it's just the way that I am chemically hardwired.

Or maybe it's because God took my life away, stripped me of everything I had ever "wanted" and left me for dead. He let me see what life would be like if I would have chosen to give in and to let my fear and insecurities take over and live life the way that I wanted to live it.

And just when I thought there was nothing left he picked me up, brushed me off, and washed me clean. He gave me a new life. A hard and trying and faithful and unbelievably beautiful new life.

So I am here to take advantage of every moment that I have of it, because as the cliche saying goes, you never know what you got till it's gone. And we never know when everything that we take advantage of could be ripped out from underneath us.

Never say I can't. Say I won't. Because you can. You can literally do anything you want to in life. It's a matter of will. You will or you wont.

But you always can.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...