You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Fighting back the complications of running while pregnant


I am 24 weeks pregnant, just over 6 months. I have gained about 12 lbs as of this morning and I feel alright. My hips hurt like the dickens, but can be relieved with standing. My sciatica hurts so bad for the first few hours in the morning I can't really sit down, and my lower middle pelvis (pubic bone area) feels like its splitting in half most of the second part of the day. I can manage for what it is now, but I hope it doesn't get worse as Patrick gets bigger. We will see.

But the good news is I can still run! It doesn't hurt my sciatica at all to run, and only hurts my pubic bone for the first mile or so, then the pain is usually subsides once I'm warmed up. It does, however, hurt more intensely the rest of the day after a run. But heck, if I'm gonna have pain anyways, I may as well get in a run first. I find that focusing on my posture while I run helps since I have lost a lot of core strength.

But despite the ability TO run, sometimes the actually running gets to be pretty complicated. Today was one of those days!

post not finished....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...