You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Runner's World Holiday Running Streak - Running stories

Day 3 of the RW Holiday Running streak today!

I'm not going to lie. I skipped yesterday. The weather was so bad here (windy windy windy) and I was not having happy pregnant hips from the turkey trot the day prior that I had to. I'm ok with it, I'll take my hit on my pride, and keep going from here.

Day 1 of the streak- 5 miles
Turkey Trot!

I hate this race. It's very unorganized, always starts way too late, and the entire last mile is straight uphill. But it is a race my family does every year together and I have grown fond of it's tradition. The only race anyone else in my family does, and usually the only time they "train". My husbands training this year was running 4 miles a few weeks ago, and 5 miles on Tuesday. That's it. :/


The runners from the trot! From top left. Me (26 weeks preggo!) husband Abraham, brother Nathan, brother Frankie, his girlfriend Nathalia, sister Maria (bottom left) sister Angela, nephew Mason, sister Megan.

This year Frankie and Nathalia surprised us that morning by secretly showing up from Brazil! Me, Abraham, Angela and Nathan ran the 5 miler. Nathan got a pie. I didn't this year :( But my run was good. The weather was amazing. Chilly and sunny warming up as the day went on. I logged a 52 min race including one bathroom break and one stretching break. My Achilles in my left leg really cramped up around 2.5 which is weird cause I don't cramp often, and never there. I had to stop and stretch it, but I concentrated on my form the rest of the way and it subsided. The last mile hill was rough, but I was able to push myself and make it up faster then most! Go Go Preggo!

Day 2 - took yesterday off. I know. Defeats the purpose of a streak. It was WINDY here and I wasn't feeling the greatest. We are still unpacking from our move and I spent the day with the husband unpacking and organizing the boys room.

Day 3- 5.2 miles.
So our car died last night and was parked at a gas station down the road. 1.6 miles away actually. I called AAA to get it towed and thought I would just run there, get it towed, run home. Easy 3, no big deal. Man it was COLD today. Snowing. Wind chill in the upper 20s. But not too windy at least. So I called AAA and they said they would be there between NOW and 50 minutes from now. So I told them I wouldn't be there for 25 minutes, I still had to get ready, so they said they would call me 30 minutes out. We hung up and they called immediately, then called at 15 minutes out. I had to make a few more phone calls and wasn't ready till they made that 15 minute phone call. Ah! I threw on my winter gear, prayed and found my winter hat, and headed out the door and I sprinted as fast as my pregnant belly could take me to that gas station. This was the first time I had used AAA so I didn't know if they would wait or if they would show up and not see me there and just leave or what was going to happen. And with the luck I had been having lately I assumed I would never see them. Running fast when your preggo is hard. I was thankful I was in good shape. The tow guy called me as soon as I saw the gas station and made it just in time. Phew!

My mom ended up picking me up from the gas station before I could make it back home so I could watch the game at her house. So when I got there I ran from her house to the end of the bike path, and back which logged me another 3.6 miles. I told my mom I was going to go run my frustrations out before the game started and she said "Then you'll be running all day!" I replied "That's why I run marathons mom."

Hoping to log a 3 tomorrow. Legs are sore. I cannot stretch well because of the large belly which has been making my legs crampy. I need a HOT bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...