You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

30 weeks pregnant and running plus holiday affairs.

Today was my first run back since throwing my back out last week. I took 4 days off. I was putting on my sock (yep... that's it) and I got this pain. Oww... Ohhh..  I thought. But not much else. 

By that afternoon I couldn't walk or bend :/

Ba humbug.. 

It's been quite a while since I have taken 4 days off, and figuring before this time I was participating in the Runners World Holiday Running streak the 4 days off was unwelcome.


RUN
alright
3.35 mi 00:34 10:03 pace


Today's stats from my run. Much slower then I have been pushing it. The orange face means my mood felt "Alright"

Yesterday was an emotional day for me. I'll talk about why in another post, but since I can't have any alcohol, I did manage to sit on the couch and polish off about 3/4 of a BOX of vanilla wafers. This is the first time in the pregnancy I have really sat down and killed something to the point of no turning back, but it was worth it. 

However...

That event caused me to gain 3 lbs (water weight I'll loose by tomorrow) coupled by the 4 days of not running and my body was feeling it on today's run. My calves and ankles were on fire and just got sorer by the time the run was over. I didn't feel heavy, like sometimes I do on runs, but my legs sure thought I felt heavy. By the time I got home and took off my socks my feet looked like little sausages.

Oh pregnancy whoas...

We will see how I feel on tomorrows run.

In the mean time, Corbin and I had a photo shoot of him and Patrick in the bathroom yesterday. We seem to end up in the bathroom at the same time often, not really doing much, and I guess sometimes taking pictures? If your a mom then you know that for some reason  you wont see your child for an hour, but as soon as you get in the bathroom 

BOOM!

There they are...

Corbin is telling patrick a secret. Who knows what that boy is saying.

Not too sure about this one...

But look at that faaaaaace! 
 Corbin is so excited for him to come out. (I know the feeling!) He asked me when he was going to have a Patrick come out of his belly. Strange child. For now we just say that he has a burrito belly. I often have one too. It runs in our family.


The only positive thing about being broken this weekend was that the weather suuuuucked. It was cold(ish) and raining for about 4 days straight. It eventually stopped raining, got even colder, and started snowing, which it continues to do on and off. I don't mind snow, I'll run in snow anytime. 

I'll even run in rain anytime, as long as the temp is warm. Think, May/June rains, not December rains. 

Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain!

So- my larger then life family gathered at my mom's cozy house on Sunday evening and made gingerbread houses, ate too much sugar, and played cards. This is me and Abraham's "Ginger bread artist bungalow" 

Yes, there is a camel on the roof. He's a watch camel.


From the back. That's our roof top deck complete with a christmas tree on the left and a table (m&ms for dinner) on the right. Our apartment has a large mural on the side, so Corbin made murals out of licorice and put them up.


This is a person making snow angels, not a dead guy. The lawn was over-run by animals!! (the cracker kind)


Finally Corbin stopped eating sugar and started helping.


Well... At least he started helping. 


It finally feels like Christmas in Ohio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...