You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Finding time to run after pregnancy

Or shall we say, the lack of finding time to run after pregnancy. 

Obviously, parenting and having a life require some sort of balance, and that balance was much easier with a little guy that is in school because I could work out/ run/ teach/ ect when he was at school. I could also bus/ bike/ walk/ hitchhike/ run whatever I needed to do to get to where I needed to go not needing a car. All of those options have been thrown out the window now that I have another little guy here. 

The plan all along has been to become a morning runner, getting my runs in before the rest of my house hold rises and "shines" (boys don't shine in the morning, they hit their heads, drop their toothbrushes in the trash, and sleep walk...) But it's still cold outside right now, and my sleep deprived self doesn't feel like battling the cold so bright and early. And in all honesty, my boobs HURT when they are cold since starting breastfeeding, and I don't wanna deal with that either at the moment. 

So I have been planning on running when my husband gets off of work, but now that he gets off of work right when rush hour hits by the time he gets home I have to make dinner, eat, bathe, feed, change, read books, fight with kids, snuggle... as well as go to the store or any other task that requires a car in that time. There are so many tasks in those last few hours for my children's day that running isn't going to be one of them I now see. 

Again, easier with 1 child, not so much with 2. 

Things will change with time I know. It's still so early in my new baby boy's life to think about too much else but constant diaper changes, spit up, and 3am feedings. Every once in a while I manage a shower. But I'm ready, I'm just waiting for my life to catch up with me. That seems to be the way my life has worked for the past few years. 

Whenever your ready to allow me life!! I'm ready!!!! Any time!!!!

We qualified for a scholarship at the Y (benefits of making no money??), there is one just a few miles from our house. We haven't signed up for it yet because Patrick can't stay in the day care till he is 6 weeks and I don't have a car to get there anyways so there isn't much of a point to sign up. But maybe if we can manage a car with our long lost taxes, one day I can sign up and then working out will become sooooo much more convenient. 

Man I need a car. I need to do laundry, I need to go to the store, I need to run errands, I need to get a job... need need NEED!

Maybe one day. 


Just in case you didn't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...