You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Running around Ohio

I have decided that I would like to run around Ohio...



This is what my estimated route would be as a step one in route planning. A lot of changes will be made to accommodate the most appropriate route for running, as well as the best campgrounds and cities to stop in along with way, this map is just the first step in my thought process of turning this dream into a reality.

It's not necessarily my dream to run around Ohio per say, but more along the lines to do something to get people to notice me. I have always wanted to be an important person in my field. A name people recognize, someone that is asked to speak at events, write articles for magazines, gets invited to all the runs and then asked for my review, and most importantly, a sponsored athlete who lands a cover on Runner's World Magazine. Is that so much to ask for? I don't want to be on TV or have a million follwers on Twitter, in fact my stats on social media are abysmal compared to anyone really. I still haven't found the secret to having as many Instagram followers as my high school brother, but I'm working on it.

I've learned that in this day and age, the possibilities are endless if you want it bad enough. However because of this, competition has become rough to make a name for yourself in your field. There's a thousand people headed in your direction no matter where your going, so if you want to be noticed you need to stand out.

So I've decided in order to stand out I need to do something epic.

I've followed stories of people running across america and have always been fond of the running wanderer, most likely stemming from my undying love of the movie Forrest Gump, and I sat down at the computer to throw some ideas around. The first thing I realized is that with (soon-to-be) three small children, running across America isn't something I can really commit to at this point in my life.

So I started throwing around some more ideas and eventually brainstormed my way into running around Ohio. It's a long enough commitment to where I can make the kind of splash that I hope to make, but not severe enough to where I can't bring my kids with me on my journey before school resumes again for the fall.

What does running around Ohio's boarder look like?

I'm nervous about even mentioning this, because it's such a high hoped dream that depends on A LOT of things happening outside of my control over the next year and I'm sure, as with everything that I do, I'll get a lot of crazy looks and words of doubt. But throwing the idea out to the world is the first step to making a dream a reality.

Time frame - July 2015- September 2015 with approx 6 weeks of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...