You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself any direction you choose.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

22 weeks pregnant and running (still!)

Running has been great. I haven't been running long or far, 4-5 miles usually, 3x per week, but I am getting more consistent and I feel great while doing it.

Quick baby bump update:
I am 22 weeks right now. As I mentioned in the last post, 2 weeks ago we found out we are having a BOY!! and we are naming him Patrick Benjamin Cordova. Patrick is my dad (who passed away 4 years ago)'s name and Benjamin is Abraham's dad, who is very much alive, so he gets second place. :) I have gained a whopping 10 lbs (feels like 31!) and my appetite is steadily increasing, but I am trying to keep it healthy for now. I plan on gaining about 10 lbs between thanksgiving and Christmas so I need to plan for that. Patrick moves a ton, and is slowly breaking my hips, something I am trying to combat through exercise and a maternity belt. We will see how it goes. Overall we are so excited and ready to meet our little guy.


Yesterday I went for a run at a park called Battelle Darby Creek MetroPark. Ohio has some of the most beautiful metro parks (for what they are and whats around them, they are amazing). This one I had never been to before, but I wanted to go running before picking my husband up from work and heading to Corbin's t-ball pizza party (you know, so I could eat more pizza) and this park was pretty close by. I was able to head out early and by pass traffic, and ended up what I thought was the entrance to the park. It was definitely an entrance, but the wrong side. The HILLY side. This pic is me standing at the bottom of the first hill. Oh well.

So I started running. I ran on the straightaways, jog-trudged up the hills, and waddled on the down hills. They were so steep! I looked at a trail map, realized I had no clue where I was, and started running again. I quickly looped the hills and ended up at the bottom of this hill again. Humph. So I turned the other way and started along. EVENTUALLY I found the parking lot I should have parked at and as I passed the path seemed to level out and suddenly there were runners everywhere! I must have missed the memo. After another 30 min or so I found another trail map. Looking down at it I realized quickly that they were just copies of each other and the YOU ARE HERE dot was the same as the last. I decided to not worry much about it, looped around a little longer, and turned to run back to my side of the parking lot. The weather couldn't have been better. 65, sunny, I felt great. 50 minutes total. About 4.5 mi.

I wore my maternity belt, as I have been on my runs. I don't know if it helps, but it feels good to wear as it kind of squeezes my hips in a little. I don't know who the model is that wears it, because it does not look like that on me. I'm not a big girl by any means, but I do have a little wiggle in the middle, and this belt likes to squeeze all the wiggle and give me what I like to call my baby muffin top. :( I'll write more on that later.

But over all running has been awesome. The more pregnant I get the more I just want to run. I have a feeling all the hormones and the lack of alcohol have made a little beast develop inside me, and this is how it will be tamed. I am improving my time, distance, and consistency. But I am by no means pushing myself, I just do what feels good for that day. My hips still hurt like a mug though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...